Oct 20, 2022
I learned about today’s guest, Kathy Miller, from another guest, Alison Martin, with Engaged Mentoring. Alison purposefully contacted me to say that Kathy should be a guest.
When I met Kathy, I have to say her background in manufacturing was unique from all of my other guests. I can only imagine the challenges she faced as a female plant manager.
When I heard her story, I knew she was a great example of a brave woman at work.
During my conversation with Kathy, we discussed:
1. Kathy’s background in manufacturing and how she was a manager and higher in a plant environment in her early 20’s
2. What is applied positive psychology and how can we leverage it at work
3. The importance of positive workplace relationships
4. When gender biases start and their impact at work
5. The steps we can take to improve our relationships at work
6. Kathy’s book - Steel Toes and Stilettos: A True Story of Women Manufacturing Leaders and Lean Transformation Success.
Resources: Brave Women at Work: https://bravewomenatwork.com/
Brave Women at Work Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bravewomenatwork
Kathy Miller site: https://opsisters.com/
Steel Toes and Stilettos Book: https://www.amazon.com/Steel-Toes-Stilettos-Manufacturing-Transformation/dp/1032053119/ref=sr_1_1?qid=1645719818&refinements=p_27%3AKathy+Miller&s=books&sr=1-1&text=Kathy+Miller